GPS module and anti-theft protection
With a Lovens cargo bike with built-in GPS module, you always have insight into the location and status of your Lovens Explorer via the smartphone app. In the app you can find all your ridden rides, how full the battery is, how much effort you’ve made, you can share your location with friends and more. A data plan is required for the GPS system. You get this free for the first year when you buy a Lovens. After a year you can extend or terminate the subscription yourself. If you want to continue using it after twelve months, it costs € 4.99 per month.
Anti-theft and damage insurance
You can have your connected cargo bike insured cheaply through your Lovens point of sale. The employees in the store are happy to advise you.
Installation of the app
To use the Lovens app, take the following steps:
- Download the Lovens app on your smartphone via the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Register your Lovens with the IMEI code and frame number.
- The IMEI code is located on the GPS unit.
- The frame number can be found on the rear fork.
Please note, After the purchase, your point of sale registers the frame number of your Lovens. Without this registration, you cannot link your bike to the app. Do you get an error message? Then contact your point of sale.
- Register yourself by creating an account + login. Add one or more Lovens Explorers.
- After installation, you can use a data plan free of charge for a year. Before the subscription ends you will receive a notification to renew it.
Functionalities of the app
The app has several functionalities, including:
- Location = view or share your Lovens Explorer location, create geofences to monitor the movement of your Lovens Explorer.
- Health = view calories burned, distance, speed and compare with other Lovens riders.
- Bike = check your Lovens Explorer with the digital lock, battery status, connectivity and select a dealer for service or repair.
- Crash detection = let a contact person receive a notification about this in the event of an accident.
- Notifications = receive push messages if you want to monitor the movement of your bike.
- Digital lock = you can digitally lock the bike via the app. If the system is switched on with the digital lock active, the message “goodbye” will appear and the Lovens Explorer will switch off again. The communication from the app to the bicycle runs via the internet, so locking and unlocking can take up to 2 minutes. Apart from this function, the system can be locked with the Bosch Kiox screen. This is a paid app from Bosch and is separate from this system.
Privacy and data usage
- By using the app, data is processed about you, your bike, the use of your Lovens cargo bike and the device on which you have installed the app. The Personal Data Protection Act applies to data that can be directly or indirectly traced back to you.
- The data is not traded or used for commercial purposes by third parties that are not affiliated with Optima Cycles.
- In addition to storage on your device, data is stored in the database of Conneqtech B.V. in the Netherlands and meets the legal security requirements.
- Data will remain stored as long as you do not cancel the account.